30.11.13

Guten Tag. Bonjour. Ciao.



Last weekend, my best friend and I, jumped on a plane to the land of cheese and chocolate.
Our amazingly brave friend moved to Switzerland back in February so it was about time we paid her a long overdue visit!
It was the most wonderful weekend- we were super busy and did a lot of travelling around, but I felt sooo relaxed when I got home.

Saturday began with a lazy morning, filled with tea and chatting, before we wrapped up warm and headed out to explore the Zurich Christmas market. A heady smell of melted cheese and mulled wine filled the air. Delicious.
The stalls were beautiful- I could’ve spent a fortune! After a busy day, and a sneaky hot chocolate, we headed home for cheese fondue, with our friends lovely Swiss flatmate. We drank and ate until late.

Sunday was an earlier start. After a 4 hour train journey, we arrived in Lugano- the Italian side of Switzerland. I have never been to Italy but it definitely gave me a brilliant taster of it. The air was warm and the skies clear, with some truly breath-taking views.

And then it was Monday- time to pack up to go home (sob!) but not before we ventured to the world famous onion market. Yes it was as bizarre as it sounds. Words cannot really describe the atmosphere- lots of laughing, drinking and handfuls of confetti being thrown. Just to top off the weekend, we said hello to Bern’s resident bears!
But best of all, I got to spend the weekend with my two dearest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I really do love hearing from you!