15.7.13

Who lives on Drury Lane? Charlie and his chocolate factory!

About a year ago, I was extremely excited to discover that the Roald Dahl classic 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' was being made into a West End show. So at Christmas, when my sister and I were given our yearly bar of chocolate (yea right!), we found golden tickets inside! How lucky were we!

We don't live in the countryside by any means but my lovely mum and sister aren't exactly seasoned city-goers either. So I was firmly in charge of navigating the tube and herding them (yes, like little lost sheep) through the busy streets of Covent Garden.
We ate gorgeous food, soaked up the luxurious London sun and were enthralled by the show. It never ceases to amaze me how West End shows can conjure up such inexplicable effects on stage!


And at the end of the day, whilst my little sheep relaxed on the train, I was still tingling with city excitement. I think I was definitely kidding myself when I said I didn't want to live in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I really do love hearing from you!